Remark42 is a self-hosted, lightweight and simple (yet functional) comment engine, which doesn't spy on users. It can be embedded into blogs, articles, or any other place where readers add comments.
- Social login via Google, Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft, GitHub, Yandex, Patreon and Telegram
- Login via email
- Optional anonymous access
- Multi-level nested comments with both tree and plain presentations
- Import from Disqus and WordPress
- Markdown support with friendly formatter toolbar
- Moderator can remove comments and block users
- Voting, pinning and verification system
- Sortable comments
- Images upload with drag-and-drop
- Extractor for recent comments, cross-post
- RSS for all comments and each post
- Telegram, Slack, Webhook and email notifications for Admins (get notified for each new comment)
- Email and Telegram notifications for users (get notified when someone responds to your comment)
- Export data to JSON with automatic backups
- No external databases, everything embedded in a single data file
- Fully dockerized and can be deployed in a single command
- Self-contained executable can be deployed directly to Linux, Windows and macOS
- Clean, lightweight and customizable UI with white and dark themes
- Multi-site mode from a single instance
- Integration with automatic SSL (direct and via nginx-le)
- Privacy focused
Demo site available with all authentication methods, including email auth and anonymous access.
For admin screenshots see Admin UI documentation
All remark42 documentation is available by the link.
In order to start and work on the project locally in development mode check our contribution documentation for backend and frontend.
If you are interested in adding a new localization please check these docs.